Mar 31, 2012

"The Party Dress"

It has been a very long time since my last post, even longer since I have been creative outside of coming up with tonight's dinner menu.
I am always surprised at how my days fly by and I haven't gotten to the things that I really want to do. So the other day, I bit the bullet as they say and created this T-shirt. Did some pillows with the same art which I forgot to photograph (Urrr)
I love T shirt art and I have been itching to get back into it for years. This isn't silkscreen but so what! I kinda like it. Put some sparkly embellishments in her dress as well. This art is from an scrapbook album I inherited from my Grandma Cecilla Berilla. I didn't know her well but you can learn allot about a person by the things they collect. Some time in the years of 1926-28 My Grandmother took the time to cut and paste a scrapbook of  these clippings of everyday life by artist "Ethel Hays" I find her art to be beautiful, fluid, and whimsical. The scrapbook is one of my most cherished possessions. Thank you Grandma or should I say "Cecilla" back then you were a girl with dreams and a future. Not knowing you would have a granddaughter who would love so much of the same things as yourself. Funny how life goes like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts....